Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ Cup Horseshoe Bend Vineyards Golden Sun
- 1 Baked Pie Shell
- 2 Pints Hulled Strawberries
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Cup of Small Cut Strawberries
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- baked pie shell—cooled, 2 pints hulled Strawberries.
- Glaze for Strawberries: ½ cup water ½ cup Horseshoe Bend Vineyards Golden Sun, 1 cup strawberries cut up into fairly small pieces, ¾ cup sugar. Heat above until strawberries can be disintegrated into the liquid. Dissolve 3 T cornstarch in 3T Horseshoe Bend Vineyards Golden Sun and add stirring constantly to the heated strawberry mixture. Cool completely.
- Place Strawberries on cooled pie shell, cover with cooled glaze, and chill until set--about 2 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream sweetened with Horseshoe Bend Vineyards Goldenrod Dessert wine.